Originally conceived by Dr. Robert Whalen to design effective exercise regimens for NASA’s astronauts, Differential Air Pressure (DAP) technology has been adapted by AlterG for use in training and rehabilitation.
Unweighting is achieved in the AlterG by using air in a pressure-controlled chamber to gently lift the user. Precise calibration using our patented technology allows for very specific unweighting from 100-20% of the users body weight in 1% increments. Something no other unweighting modality can do.
The world’s best athletes and sports teams consider the AlterG® Anti-Gravity Treadmill® a ground-breaking training tool that is changing the way they train, recover and get stronger. The AlterG enables athletes to:
- Continue to train while recovering from injury
- Add training workouts without adding as much stress to their body
- Do plyometric and strengthening exercises with reduced impact
The AlterG is chosen by the world’s best teams and athletes as a key element in their training and recovery. Teams from around the world make the AlterG a central part of their training and conditioning, including:
- Most of the NFL teams, including the world champion New York Giants
- Most of the NBA teams, including the world champion Miami Heat
- Top UK institute of sport programs
- All of the English Premier League soccer clubs, including the champions Manchester Utd
AlterG’s treadmill is a highly effective athletic conditioning tool for both recreational and competitive athletes by allowing the user to train longer, run faster, gain additional strength, and enhance cardiovascular performance while minimizing impact and stress on their joints.